June 14, 2017 - 9th ERPsim International Competition
Registration is closed. see you next year!
If your students enjoyed playing ERPsim and want to test their skills against the rest of the world, then the ERPsim Lab at HEC Montreal invites them to participate in the 9th International ERPsim Competition, to be held on June 14, 2017 with live coverage from 4PM US EST at the 20th SAP Academic Conference Americas in New York!
Each team will need to demonstrate their ability to manage their virtual company with the ERPsim Manufacturing Extended scenario, running against a live SAP ERP system running on SAP HANA. Business Intelligence and Analytics will be an important part of the competition, as participants will have live access to data exposed from SAP HANA and visualized with SAP Lumira.
The competition is open to all students of universities that are members of the SAP University Alliance, but only one team per university may register. Registration is also open to multi-school teams, but a team composed of students from more than one university will count as the single registration allowed for all involved universities. In other words, if 2 schools have 2 interested students each and want to compete as a single team that’s fine, but a school with 7 students can’t register one and a half teams.
There will be no qualification or semi-final events this year; just one final event. The number of team slots in this year’s competition will be capped at 12, with a minimum of 2 places reserved for each region (Americas, EMEA, APJ and China).
The competition will consist of 3 rounds of 20 days each, and be conducted as an elimination challenge. Up to 12 teams will begin the game. After round one, the 9 teams with the highest company valuation will go through to play in round 2. After round 2, the 6 teams with the highest company valuation will go through to play the final round 3. After round 3, the 3 teams with the highest company valuation will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
The recommended team size is 5 students. The minimum requirement to register is 2 students, but subject to the understanding that:
- Preference will be given to registrations with at least 4 students
- Preference will be given to registrations that are willing to be merged with another, in order to make a single team of 4 or 5 (we will exchange contact information with the teams, but coordination, means of communication etc. will be the responsibility of the team and not the ERPsim Lab)
- Preference will be given to registrations in the order that they are received
Participation is free and registration must be performed by the faculty member who will coach the team. Teams may also have an industry coach, registered along with the team and identified by company name.
Key Dates (all times US EST)
- 10AM May 8: Registrations open (an email will be sent as soon as the registration page is available).
- 11PM May 14: Registrations close
- May 22 (at the latest): Notification of final teams and confirmation of participation
- Week of May 29th: Two practice sessions
- Week of June 5th: Two practice sessions
- 4PM June 14: Competition Game
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.